BOISE, Idaho — KTVB and KTFT are excited to announce that they are accepting grant proposals from qualified local nonprofit organizations. KTVB and KTFT value projects that take a creative approach to improving people’s lives and building stronger communities. Applications are being accepted through August 29.
TEGNA Community Grants commonly support areas such as education, youth development, hunger, emergency assistance to families and individuals in crisis, and environmental conservation.
The TEGNA Foundation, through its Community Grant program, serves the greater good of its communities by supporting nonprofit activities where TEGNA does business. TEGNA Inc. is the parent company of KTVB & KTFT, the NBC affiliates in Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Applications are being accepted through August 29
- Grants requests must be submitted on TEGNA Foundation’s application form.
- Applicants should plan on a 60 day waiting period while the committee finalizes its decisions
Your proposal must contain the following information:
- Application must be made on TEGNA Foundation form
- A needs statement
- IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (mandatory for consideration). If you have not been determined a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3), please apply once you have received determination
- Objectives of the project to be funded
- Your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
- Information on whether the project is new or ongoing
- Description of constituency to be served
- Information on community and volunteer involvement
- How the project will be evaluated
- Plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable
- One-page project budget, and an organizational budget
- List of other funding sources, committed and applied for
- Pertinent publications may be included
Mail applications to:
Community Service Director
5407 W. Fairview Ave.
Boise, ID 83706
Or email submission to TLiew@ktvb.com
What TEGNA Does Not Fund
Like many donors, TEGNA and KTVB receive many more requests than they can fund. As a result, grants will not be considered for the following purposes:
- Private foundations
- Organizations not determined by the IRS to be a tax-exempt public charity under §501(c)(3)
- Organizations classified by the IRS as 509(a)(3)
- National or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups
- Endowment funds
- Multiple-year pledge campaigns
- Medical or research organizations, including organizations funding single disease research
- Organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S. and its territories
- Fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, volunteer firefighters or similar groups
About The TEGNA Foundation
The TEGNA Foundation is a corporate foundation sponsored by TEGNA Inc. Through its Community Grant Program, TEGNA Foundation empowers the people it serves by supporting nonprofit activities in the communities in which TEGNA does business. Through its other programs, the Foundation invests in the future of the media industry, encourages employee giving, and contributes to a variety of charitable causes.
Click here for more information on TEGNA Foundation.
TEGNA Inc., formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. Our agile and forward-thinking portfolio of television and digital businesses comprise one of the largest, most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S. and two top digital companies, Cars.com and CareerBuilder, as well as several other well-positioned and growing online companies.
TEGNA Media includes 46 television (including stations serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets. TEGNA Media reaches approximately one-third of all television households nationwide and represents the #1 NBC affiliate group, #1 CBS affiliate group and #4 ABC affiliate group (excluding owner-operators). Millions of consumers turn to TEGNA Media throughout their day to navigate their world more successfully. Our journalists take their First Amendment responsibilities seriously and deliver relevant, innovative and impactful content. Combined, TEGNA's TV stations, across 23 states, are renowned for their outstanding journalism and have been recognized with honors including Edward R. Murrow, Alfred I. duPont, George Foster Peabody, National Headliner, George Polk and Emmy awards.
On the digital side, Cars.com is the leading online destination for automotive consumers offering credible, objective information about car shopping, selling and servicing. With over 30 million monthly visits to its web properties, Cars.com leverages its growing consumer audience to help automotive marketers more effectively reach car buyers and sellers, as well as those looking for trusted service providers. CareerBuilder is the global leader in human capital solutions, helping the world's top employers attract great talent. CareerBuilder provides services ranging from labor market intelligence to talent management software and other recruitment solutions. It is the largest online job site in North America, measured both by traffic and revenue, and has a presence in more than 60 markets worldwide. Together, Cars.com and CareerBuilder provide TEGNA's advertising partners with access to two very important categories – automotive and human capital solutions.
Also part of this powerful digital mix is G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses looking to connect with consumers through digital marketing, from search to social and everything in between. For national brands and agencies, G/O Digital delivers local digital activation at national scale powered by G/O Digital brands: Shoplocal, PointRoll and Key Ring. G/O Digital partners with more than 5,000 of the nation's top brands and retailers and leads digital marketing programs with thousands of local businesses across more than 110 local markets.
TEGNA Digital also include Clipper, America's most trusted local advertising & marketing solutions provider offering a full line of outstanding digital and print options, and Sightline Media Group, a global provider of news, information and marketing solutions in the military, defense, federal technology and C4ISR markets.
Combined, TEGNA's brands have tremendous reach. Each month, TEGNA reaches over 90 million U.S. adults across broadcast and digital media, empowering them to act with conviction and navigate their world successfully.