Yield: 12 halves
• 6 ripe Idaho peaches (Symms Fruit Ranch, Kelley's Canyon Orchard, Williams Fruit Ranch, Garrett Ranches, Northview Orchard, Henggeler Packing Co, Tyler's Rocky Point Orchard, Purvis Nursery & Orchard, Ribier Gardens, Wood'n Goat Garden)
• Non-stick cooking spray
• Local honey
1. Clean grill thoroughly and spray grates with a non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat to medium/high.
2. Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Coat peach halves with a thin layer of the non-stick cooking oil.
3. Place peach halves on grill flesh side down.
4. Close grill lid and let cook for 5-6 minutes. Check peaches - if they are warm with dark grill marks on flesh, remove immediately. If they are cool to the touch and do not have defined grill marks, leave on for 2-4 more minutes with lid closed.
5. Once cooked to desired temp and texture, remove from grill and drizzle with local honey.
6. Serve and enjoy!
• Make sure the peaches are not too soft, as they will more easily stick to the grill. For best results, keep peaches in the refrigerator a few hours before grilling.
• Serve with local ice cream and drizzle with Idaho honey for an incredible dessert.
• HEALTHY OPTION - serve with cottage cheese instead of ice cream!