Western Idaho Fair
- Friday, Aug. 16 - Sunday, Aug. 25
- Western Idaho Fairgrounds, Garden City
- Carnival, concerts, stage acts, dance competition, 4H and FFA exhibits and livestock sales, and more.
- Concert acts include: 3 Doors Down (Aug. 20), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Aug. 21), Dustin Lynch (Aug. 22), REO Speedwagon (Aug. 23)
Albertsons Boise Open
- Thursday, Aug. 22 - Sunday, Sept. Aug. 25
- Hillcrest Country Club, 4610 W. Hillcrest Dr.
- Admission: Individual daily grounds ticket: $15; Individual weekly grounds ticket: $25 in advance, $35 at gate; More ticketing options, including group tickets, on website.
- 75 PGA Tour players and 75 Web.com Tour players will compete for 25 PGA Tour cards and $1 million in prize money. All proceeds go to charities through the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program.
Pooch Party Stroll & Splash
- Saturday, Aug. 24, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Lakeview Park, Nampa
- Admission: $25 first dog, $10 for each additional dog
- The 12th annual Pooch Party at Lakeview Park is Nampa's largest dog festival; Participate in a one mile walk around the park. After the walk, Lakeview Water Park will open and the dogs will have the opportunity to splash around in the swimming pool. Enjoy contests, raffles, a canine cake walk and pet friendly vendor booths.
- All proceeds go toward the continued development of Nampa’s Amity Dog Park as well as start to fund a second dog park in Nampa.
- Saturday, Aug. 24 and Sunday, Aug. 25, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Warhawk Air Museum, 201 Municipal Drive, Nampa
- The Warbird Roundup - a popular annual gathering of famous WWII airplanes - returns to the Warhawk Air Museum for its 17th year. This year, the Museum is honoring the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic
- Wednesday, Aug. 28 - Sunday, Sept. 1
- Ann Morrison Park, Boise
- The always-popular Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic returns to Ann Morrison Park, bringing the high-flying spectacle to the City of Trees for its 29th year. For five days, dozens of balloon pilots and crews will take to the skies over Boise. One annual highlight of the event is the Night Night Glow Spectacular which illuminates the park beginning at dusk on Friday, Aug. 30.
Twin Falls County Fair
- Wednesday, Aug. 28 - Monday, Sept. 2
- Twin Falls County Fairgrounds, 215 Fair Avenue, Filer
- Carnival, concert (Chris Janson on Sept. 1), stage acts, Ponies, Pistols & Pistons show, Magic Valley Stampede Rodeo, Chicks and Chaps Ladies event, exhibits, and more.