Boise Ice Cream Festival
- Tuesday, May 28 - Saturday, June 15
- Various locations, Boise
- The Boise Ice Cream Festival highlights locally-made ice cream, including creative concoctions and collaborations. The festival culminates with a finale called The Grand Tasting, featuring over 200 flavors of ice cream to sample. The festival happens at various locations throughout Boise (visit the website above to see the venues and buy tickets to The Grand Tasting).
Music on the Water
- Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1
- Esther Simplot Park, Whitewater Park Boulevard, Boise
- Admission: Free
- This two-day music festival will bring in a revolving roster of local and regional musicians, including: Boise Rock School, Low-Fi, Lounge on Fire, Seatopians, Camp Crush, Smokey Brights, The Weary Times, and Moondoggies.
- All profits will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish Idaho
- Event runs 1:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday and 1:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Walk for Wishes at 5 p.m. on Friday
Hells Canyon Days
- Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1
- Friday night - Hells Canyon Jam live concert featuring Muzzie Braun, Dave Nudo band and Dusty Leigh and the Claim Jumpers; 7 p.m. at Rodeo Arena. Other events include: taco feed, book sale, community breakfast, farm toy show, antique power show, car and truck show and shine, Pit BBQ, and Bulls & Broncs at Cambridge Rodeo Arena
Big Water Blowout Festival
- Saturday June 1, 2018 9 a.m. - midnight
- Salmon River, Riggins
- This annual event is a celebration of Idaho's longest free flowing river. Events at City Park include live music, food vendors, and Dutch oven cook-off contest. Salmon River outfitters will be offering discounted high water raft trips through class III and class IV rapids.
Family Summer Palooza
- Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Expo Idaho, 5610 N. Glenwood Street, Garden City
- Admission: Single ticket - $5; Family pass - $20 (pre-purchase tickets online or cash only at the door)
- The Family Summer Palooza provides a full day of entertainment and interactive fun zones for all ages. Activities include: kids activity zones, face painting, bounce house, petting zoo, reptile exhibit, games and much more.
Capitol Classic Children's Run
- Saturday, June 1, starts at 10 a.m.
- Starts at Boise Depot, ends at Idaho State Capitol
- Admission: $25 per child
- This annual fun run for kids ages 6 - 14 is organized by Saint Alphonsus and the Treasure Valley YMCA. Proceeds from the run benefit Safe Routes to School
Boise Greek Food Festival
- Saturday, June 1, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saints Helen & Constantine Greek Orthodox Church , 2618 W. Bannock St., Boise
- The annual Greek Food Fesitval is a major fundraiser for Saints Helen & Constantine Greek Orthodox Church. Volunteers pitch in to organize, prepare and serve delicious, traditional Greek dishes and desserts. Also features live music and performances by Greek dancers.
Snake River Raptor Fest
- Saturday, June 1, Noon - 5 p.m.
- Indian Creek Winery, 1000 N. McDermott Road, Kuna
- Get an up close look at birds of prey. Event includes field trips, live music, beer, wine, food, and activities for all ages.
Old Fort Boise Days
- Thursday, June 6 - Saturday, June 8
- This annual festival in Parma features a wide array of fun, family-oriented events including: pie-eating contest, art guild/quilt show, fort activities, cow pie bingo, a car show, live music, a parade, and a queen pageant.
Konnexion Music Festival
- Thursday, June 6 - Sunday, June 9
- 155 Jerusalem Road, Horseshoe Bend
- Admission: $195
- Billed as Idaho's largest music and arts festival, Konnexion's goal is to build community while celebrating music and art. Attendees are encouraged to camp on site in a tent.
- Performances from a wide range of musical artists, live paintings, artistic sculptures, performance artists and more.
- Daytime activities include workshops, games, hosted theme and soundcamps, zipline access, food vendor and merchandise areas.
Great Northwest Outdoor Expo
- Friday, June 7 - Sunday, June 9
- Ford Idaho Center, Nampa
- Admission: General - $8; Seniors and military - $5; Family 4-pack - $24; Weekend pass - $16; Free for children 12 and under.
- The expo is a "see it, try it, buy it" experience for everything outdoors; Features seminars, elk and waterfowl competitions, exhibits, rock crawling demonstrations, and the popular Dock Dogs competitions.
- Saturday, June 8, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Zoo Boise
- This year's Zoo Daze is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"; Activities include: Butterflies in Bloom; Readings of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar;" Treats for zoo animals, carousel rides, face painting, giraffe feeding, sloth bear encounter, zookeeper chats, and more.
Idaho Free Fishing Day
- Saturday, June 8, times vary depending on the event
- List of Free Fishing Day events in the Southwest Region
- The events are free to the public, no fishing license required
RELATED: Idaho Free Fishing Day is on June 8
Get Outdoors Festival
- Saturday, June 8, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center, 13751 Upper Embankment Road, Nampa
- The inaugural Get Outdoors Festival includes activities like fishing, hunting education, nature journaling, interpretive walks, and more.
Emmett Cherry Festival
- Wednesday, June 12 - Saturday, June 15
- Emmett City Park, 400 E. Main Street
- This popular annual festival celebrates all things cherry. The theme for this year's event is "Picking Kindness. What's Your Superpower?" Activities include parades, various live entertainment and concerts, and contests.
- MORE: ‘We get about 50,000 people now ‘: Emmett Cherry Festival back for its 85th year
North Fork Championship
- Thursday, June 13 - Saturday, June 15
- North Fork Payette River & Crouch, Idaho
- The annual North Fork Championship brings in some of the best kayakers in the world to compete on one of the best stretches of whitewater in the world.
- This year the NFC will be the Extreme Kayak World Championship. Competitors will battle for the title of World Champion and King and Queen of the North Fork World Championship.
- The NFC Whitewater Festival takes place each evening in Crouch's Weilmunster Park and will offer live music, beer by Payette Brewing Company, awards ceremonies and a costume party.
- MORE: 'Idaho is a great place to host this': World kayaking championships hit the Payette River
- MORE: Kayakers from around the world compete in Idaho
Boise Pride Fest
- Friday, June 14, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Cecil D. Andrus Park, 601 Jefferson Street, Boise
- Boise Pride Fest is celebrating its 30th anniversary with live music and performers, a parade, a festival in Cecil D. Andrus Park, a fireworks show, and much more.
Food Trucks on Flag Day
- Friday, June 14, 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Nampa Recreation Center
- Family-friendly carnival-style games and activities, entertainment, vendor booths, and plenty of food trucks. Proceeds benefit the Nampa Recreation Center Scholarship Fund.
World Refugee Day
- Saturday, June 15
- Grove Plaza, Downtown Boise
- The internationally-celebrated World Refugee Day includes ethnic food, performances, artisans, and a citizenship ceremony.
Wild West Brewfest
- Saturday, June 15, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Indian Creek Plaza, Caldwell
- This immersive, western-themed festival is a throwback to the wild west; Live music, beard and mustache contest, gold panning, blacksmithing, Dutch oven cooking, magician, whiskey experience, and more.
Sun Valley Brewfest
- Saturday, June 15, Noon - 6 p.m.
- Ketchum Town Square
- Admission: $25 in advance, $30 at the door
- This annual beer festival features 40 brewers from Idaho and the Northwest, music, games, food and more. Proceeds benefit Ketchum/SV Rotary Club.
Ballpark Brew Fest
- Saturday, June 15, 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Memorial Stadium, Garden City
- For the third straight year, the Boise Hawks will host the Ballpark Brew Fest at Memorial Stadium. Local breweries will showcase their top beers: Boise Brewing, Payette Brewing, Barbarian Brewery, Clairvoyant Brewery and Hop Valley Brewery. Also, food trucks, live music and games.
National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest and Festival
- Monday, June 17 - Saturday, June 22
- The National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest is a popular annual event that brings thousands of spectators and participants to Weiser each year.
- Popular competitions include twin fiddling and swing fiddling.
- A parade through downtown will take place on Saturday
Meridian Dairy Days
- Wednesday, June 19 - Saturday, June 22
- Various locations, Meridian
- A summer mainstay in the Meridian for 90 years, Meridian Dairy Days supports local 4-H and FFA programs. Events include a parade, princess pageant, carnival, pancake feed, vendors in Storey Park, Monster truck rides, fun run, livestock shows, fireworks, and more.
World Village Fest
- Friday, June 21 - Sunday, June 23
- Cecil D. Andrus Park, Boise
- Admission: Free
- World Village Fest is a three-day arts and humanities event that plays host to several multi-national performing groups repsenting Idaho's variety of cultures. Entertainment includes music, dance, poetry, storytelling, film and food.
Boise Music Festival
- Saturday, June 22, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Expo Idaho, Garden City
- Headliner: Pitbull; featuring: Eli Young Band, Jake Miller, Tenille Townes, Tone Loc, and Color Me Badd
- Admission: Tickets range in price from $25 (general admission) to $150 (VIP)
God and Country Festival
- Wednesday, June 26, starts at 4 p.m.
- Ford Idaho Center Amphitheater
- Annual non-denominational event, includes concert by Christian bands, speakers, large fireworks show, military appreciation, food and more.
Road to X Games: Boise Park Qualifier
- Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29
- Rhodes Skate Park, 1555 W Front St, Boise
- Admission: Free
- World class skateboarders and BMX riders will be back in Boise for the third consecutive Road to X Games: Boise Park Qualifier. The event will feature three disciplines: Men’s Skateboard Park, Women’s Skateboard Park and BMX Park, with the top six athletes in the Men’s BMX and Men’s Skateboard disciplines receiving invitations to X Games Minneapolis. The top four athletes in the Women’s Skateboard Park Qualifier will receive invites as well.
Garden Valley Stampede
- Friday June 28 and Saturday, June 29
- Crouch and Garden Valley
- Annual UTV and music festival includes: live music from Idaho bands, UTV poker run, food, and trail rides.
- Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30
- Expo Idaho, Garden City
- Admission: General: $15; 2-day pass: $25; Children ages 7-12: $10 (2-day pass: $15)
- Described as an "automotive experience," Motorfest is one of Idaho’s largest outdoor motor shows.