CALDWELL, Idaho — A worker was seriously injured Monday morning when he was pulled against a heated piece of equipment at a Caldwell water filter facility.

According to Caldwell Fire Battalion Chief Tim Scott, the accident happened at about 8:50 a.m. at the Omnipure Filter Company, located at 1904 Industrial Way.

Scott said the man was working on a piece of machinery that sent molds into a type of oven, when he became entangled in the machine. The worker was was pulled up against the heated equipment, causing severe burns. 

Other employees were able to come to the man's aid, and call 911. Scott said the worker had already been freed by the time firefighters arrived. 

Scott said the man had suffered burns to his head and face, and that his injuries appeared serious. He was taken by ambulance to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise. 

Omnipure confirmed the accident to KTVB, but declined additional comment, saying only that the company's thoughts and prayers were with the man's family. They did not have an update on his condition Monday afternoon.

The worker's name and age have not been released.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration told KTVB they are aware of the accident, and are investigating.