MOUNTAIN HOME, Idaho — Over a dozen employees at the Marathon Cheese Factory were treated by emergency medical crews after a gas leak Friday afternoon, according to Mountain Home Fire Chief Mark Moore.

The gas leak was reported at about 4:40 p.m. Once on scene, fire crews were told by employees that the leak was coming from a rooftop unit.

According to Moore, at least a dozen workers were treated by EMS crews after the factory was evacuated. 

"I would consider the gas leak to be a significant leak. Particularly because of the square footage of the building being so massive," Moore said.

One person was transported to the hospital. No details about the extent of their injuries were released by officials.

The factory was vented and declared safe for workers to return at about 6:45 p.m.

Mountain Home Fire and factory management agreed to conduct follow-ups and make corrections to ensure another leak doesn't happen.

The cause of the gas leak is still under investigation.