HAGERMAN, Idaho — Update: The Idaho State Fire Marshal's Office investigated the Hagerman Christian Center fire Saturday, determining it was caused by a landscaping accident.
Officials said a congregation member was using a weed burner and an unnoticed ember smoldered the base of the building's wooden siding. The Fire Marshal's Office said interviews and evidence at the Hagerman church supported the determination.
Multiple crews responded to the fire at the Hagerman Christian Center Friday evening.
Hagerman Fire Protection District Chief Tim Peterson told KTVB late Friday the fire had impacted 70-75% of the church.
Hagerman Fire Protection District, Bliss Fire, Gooding Fire, Buhl Fire, Jerome Rural Fire and Wendell Fire crews responded to the church around 8 p.m.
Peterson said the final crews left the church at 3:30 a.m. Saturday after responding to additional hot spots. The fire is out.
In a Facebook post Saturday, the Hagerman Fire Protection District said the Gooding County Sheriff's Office and Gooding County EMS also responded to Friday's incident.
"An incident this size requires all of us to work together, and last night was a good example," the post said.
Hagerman Fire also thanked local restaurants, stores and shops in town for providing crews with food and drinks.
No injuries were reported.
Watch more Local News:
See the latest news from around the Treasure Valley and the Gem State in our YouTube playlist: