CALDWELL - A family of four has been displaced after a fire broke out in the garage of their home Sunday afternoon.

Crews were called to the home on the 15000 block of Lake View Circle just after 1:30 p.m.

Bat. Chief Tim Scott with Caldwell Fire said when crews arrived they found flames burning in the attic above the garage.

The family was able to escape the home unharmed, Scott said.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to knock down the flames, and Scott said the damage was limited to the roof area above the garage.

The family is receiving assistance from the Caldwell Fire Burnout Fund.

Scott said the cause of the fire was determined to be discarded embers and ashes from a fireplace that had been put in a trash can next to the wall of the garage that reignited, catching the home on fire.

Crews from Middleton, Nampa and Marsing assisted in fighting the fire.