The Boise Fire Department responded to a deadly house fire in the 600 block of East Jefferson Street in Boise at 1:33 a.m. Saturday morning.

Neighbors alerted fire crews at the scene that one man might still be inside the house. 

Crews went inside the house and were able to pull the man out of the blaze. The man later died at Saint Alphonsus from injuries from the fire and smoke inhalation.

The Ada County Coroner identified the man as 69-year-old Robert Records of Boise on Monday.

The Boise Fire Department announced that the fire was accidentally caused by improper disposal of smoking materials. 

Boise Police are now investigating the fire.

They encourage people to make sure that their smoke detectors are working properly.