BOISE - Crews are making good progress on a fast-moving wildfire that destroyed three structures near Hilltop Station on Idaho 21 earlier this week.

The fire was 95 percent contained as of Saturday evening.

The fire, which was first reported at Tuesday afternoon, has burned about 4,300 acres. On Thursday, crews were focusing on the north flank of the fire in hopes of keeping the fire from backing down into the Deer Creek drainage.

Fire activity was minimal Wednesday, the Bureau of Land Management said, but it continued to burn in small pockets of grass, sage and timber on the northern portion of the fire near Aldape Summit and north toward the High Bridge on Highway 21.

The BLM said Rocky Canyon road, Highland Valley road and all trails east to Highway 21 from Rocky Canyon are closed except for fire traffic.

Fire officials have also closed Robie Creek and Rocky Canyon to recreation.

Temporary closures to support firefighting operations affecting recreation at Lucky Peak were to be lifted at 8 p.m. Friday, the BLM said.

Officials said late Tuesday afternoon that the burned structures were a barn, a tack room for horses and a chicken coop. No animals have been reported injured by the fire. The person who owned those structures says firefighters dug a fire line around her home to protect it from the flames.

The fire also damaged power lines and poles along the highway overnight Tuesday, cutting off power to thousands of people in Boise, Idaho City and parts of Centerville and Placerville. Poles were replaced and electricity restored by 3 p.m. Wednesday, according to Idaho Power.

The BLM says the fire was determined to be human-caused, but the specific cause is under investigation.

The fire has changed direction several times, before moving north through steep hillsides on both sides of Highway 21.

The Idaho Transportation Department's camera in the area shows the flames moving along the highway. That camera is no longer working.

Due to the steep hillsides and limited access to the area, several aircraft are attacking the fire from above.

BLM spokesperson Brandon Hampton said the fire spread rapidly because of hot, dry and windy conditions.

"The conditions are prime for fire: extremely high temperatures we're receiving the past couple days and highs in the 90s, as you can feel it's extremely windy up here in this canyon area," he said. "The fuel type is very very dry- it's grass and sage. Those are all recipes for a large-scale fire."

A six-mile stretch of Highway 21 was completely shut down between Lucky Peak Dam Road to the south and Robie Creek Road to the north for hours on Tuesday.

Highway 21 has been reopened to traffic in both directions. However, BLM officials on Wednesday asked drivers to use caution on the highway near the fire and said that fire crews would be working in the area throughout the night.

There are 255 personnel working the fire on Thursday.

This is a developing story. Stay with KTVB.COM for the latest information.