MIDVALE, Idaho — Editors note: This story originally aired July 1, 2004.
Every four years, the universe aligns to give us one more day on the calendar, commonly referred to as a 'leap year.' So technically Thursday, July 2, 2020, marks the midway point of the year.
So in an ode to that milestone, we went into the KTVB archive to find a classic Idaho Life from 2004 that pays homage to hitting the halfway point.
More specifically, we wanted to know what is halfway between Boise and Halfway, Oregon.
Turns out, there's technically nothing that's directly halfway, so we found the next closest place: Midvale, Idaho, a place locals call "Halfway to Heaven."
Check out the video to learn more.
RELATED: 208 Redial: Idaho's Roof Dog
Join 'The 208' conversation:
- Text us at (208) 321-5614
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Join our The 208 Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/the208KTVB/
- Follow us on Twitter: @the208KTVB or tweet #the208 and #SoIdaho
- Follow us on Instagram: @the208KTVB
- Bookmark our landing page: /the-208
- And we also turn each episode into a podcast on Spotify or Podbeam
- Still reading this list? We're on YouTube, too: