BOISE, Idaho — The 2020 Boise Open will be one like none other after the coronavirus pandemic forced the annual golf tournament to carry on without any fans in attendance.
About this time of summer every summer, thousands of people flock to Hillcrest Country Club to watch some of the best up and coming golfers hit the links for the Albertsons Boise Open.
In 2003, that included Bubba Watson and then-13-year-old Michelle Wei.
This year's open won't feature fans, leaving Hillcrest County Club silent in their absence.
Even without the fans cheering, there's still a lot to hear. So take a listen to the 2003 Boise Open in the video above.
Join 'The 208' conversation:
- Text us at (208) 321-5614
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our The 208 Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/the208KTVB/
- Follow us on Twitter: @the208KTVB or tweet #the208 and #SoIdaho
- Follow us on Instagram: @the208KTVB
- Bookmark our landing page: /the-208
- And we also turn each episode into a podcast on Spotify or Podbeam
- Still reading this list? We're on YouTube, with a brand new 208 Redial playlist: