BOISE, Idaho — The Boise Fire Department says a man was hospitalized and two dogs died in a house fire on 600 block of N Troutner Way that happened at about 12:15 p.m. Saturday.
Officials said the man is being treated for smoke inhalation but did not release any further details about the man's status.
A woman was also treated, but investigators did not say what injuries she was treated for.
According to the Boise Fire Department, the homeowner and a neighbor say the fire started when the house was struck by lightning.
An official cause of the fire has been determined.
RELATED: Crews extinguish fire at Boise home