x
Breaking News
More () »

Boise's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Boise, Idaho | KTVB.com

Electrical fire sparks at Saint Alphonsus urgent care facility

A passerby noticed smoke coming out of the building and called 911.
Credit: Boise Fire

BOISE, Idaho — Firefighters extinguished a fire at a Saint Alphonsus urgent care facility in Boise early Monday. 

According to dispatch, the fire was reported at 4:25 a.m. at the Saint Alphonsus Medical Group Bown Crossing Health Plaza at Parkcenter Boulevard and Bown Way.

A passerby noticed smoke coming out of the building and called 911. 

Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered that two HVAC units were on fire. No one was inside the building, and no injuries were reported, dispatchers say.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire, but the building was left with smoke, water and duct damage, officials said. 

Boise Fire says an electrical issue sparked the fire following a power outage earlier Monday morning.

RELATED: Firefighters treated for hypothermia after rescuing man from submerged car in Liberty Bay, Washington

RELATED: Boise Fire welcomes 21 new firefighters in department's largest graduate academy