BOISE, Idaho — TEGNA Foundation’s DE&I Grant committee is requesting grant proposals for programs focused on environmental justice efforts in the areas where TEGNA does business. The Committee is especially interested in programs addressing environmental and public health concerns in marginalized communities, including equitable access to clean water, programs encouraging stewardship of the environment, and programs focused on aiding those impacted by pollution and disasters.
Proposals and supporting documents should be emailed in one combined PDF document to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 7. TEGNA Foundation will not accept proposals by mail.
Eligible organizations include tax-exempt public charities classified by the Internal Revenue Service as Section 501c(3) and 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
For a full list of what organizations are not eligible for TEGNA Foundation funding, please visit the Community Grants page.
A proposal must include the following:
- a completed TEGNA Foundation Grant Application Form
- IRS letter of determination for 501(c)3 tax exemption
- your organization’s non-discrimination policy
- detailed listing of proposed use of requested funds, a one-page program budget, and a one-page summary of organization’s budget
- program description of no more than three pages that includes:
- needs statement
- objectives of the program to be funded
- whether the program is new or ongoing
- constituency to be served
- sustainability statement
- your organization's qualifications to carry out the program
- how the program will be evaluated (include any tracking or historical information available)
- plans for continued funding of the program, if applicable
- other funding sources, committed and applied for
- needs statement
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org