Still need to mail or order your holiday gifts? No problem.
We break down when your package needs to be in the mail if you're hoping it will arrive by December 25.
Amazon Prime customers have access to free two-hour, same day, or two-day shipping, depending on your location. Qualifying non-prime members can also sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime to get free shipping during the holidays.
If you want your gift shipped by Christmas, here's a cheat sheet:
- Dec. 15: Free shipping on items fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, free for all customers
- Dec. 18: Last day for standard shipping, free for Prime members
- Dec. 22: Last day for two-day shipping, free for Prime members
- Dec. 23: Last day for one-day shipping, free for Prime members
- Dec. 24: Last day for same-day delivery, free for Prime members (order by 9:30 a.m. local time or earlier)
- Dec. 24: Prime Now offers Prime members free two-hour delivery windows (order by 9:00 p.m. local time or earlier)
Free shipping offers will depend on product eligibility and in some cases wether the order is worth $25 or more. For one-day or same-day delivery orders must be $35 or more.
If you hope to have your package arrive by Christmas and plan to ship through the United States Postal Service, packages must be shipped by the following dates:
December 19 — First-Class Mail
December 20 — Priority Mail
December 22 — Priority Mail Express
UPS requires that customers who hope to have their packages arrive by Christmas ship by the following dates:
UPS 3 Day Select: Monday, December 18 (delivery on Friday, December 22)
UPS 2nd Day Air: Wednesday, December 20 (delivery on Friday, December 22)
UPS Next Day Air®: Thursday, December 21 (delivery on Friday, December 22)