8 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

BOISE -- A Boise trailer caught fire when a man fell asleep while heating up food Tuesday morning.

Boise Fire spokeswoman Tammy Barry said the fire started shortly before 8:30 a.m. in a doublewide trailer at 1084 West Palm Street.

The home's occupant was heating up soup on the stove when he fell asleep without turning off the burner, Barry said. The stove caught fire, but the blaze was contained to the kitchen, she said.

The man was treated at the scene for minor injuries, but did not need to go to the hospital.

Read or Share this story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/09/02/boise-trailer-fire/14962733/