7 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CALDWELL -- A house fire in Caldwell Monday temporarily displaced a family of seven. It started in the attic of a home on Oak Street.

Investigators say a box fan being used to dry up a mold problem short circuited.

Fire crews were able to quickly put out the flames.

They say there was no major structural damage, but they did call in extra crews because they were concerned about the heat.

Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
Read or Share this story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/07/28/caldwell-house-fire/13305679/