CALDWELL -- Fire officials say an electrical fire in a Caldwell home has displaced a family of three.

Caldwell Fire Battalion Chief Brad Carico says the fire started Saturday in the attic of the home due to an overheated electrical circuit.

Nobody was injured and firefighters were able to put out the flames before too much damage was done. But Carico says the family can't live in the home because of the damage to the electrical circuits.

The Caldwell Burnout Fund paid for the family to stay in a motel for a night.

The American Red Cross of Greater Idaho provided lodging for five additional nights, along with food, clothing and other immediate needs.

Read or Share this story: