BOISE -- Police say it appears hot ashes thrown into a plastic trash bin ignited a fire that damaged two homes Saturday morning.
Officials with the Boise Police Department say firefighters were called to the 9100 block of West Zuni Ct. at 11:50 a.m. When they arrived they found that flames had already spread to the neighboring house. That's when firefighters called in a second unit.
The fire extended into the attics of both homes causing extensive damage to both homes.
Neither family was home at the time of the fire. The Boise Fire Union Burn Out Fund also responded to the scene to assist the displace families.