POCATELLO -- Employees and customers at a gas station in Pocatello got quite the scare Saturday night when a scooter went up in flames.

Witnesses say around 10:15 Saturday night a man pushed the scooter as far as he could from the pumps at Potter s Sinclair before the fire became too much to handle.

The fire department showed up a little while later and helped put it out.

Employees say it was lucky that no one was hurt.

It could have blown up the pumps if it would have got in there if nobody was here and he didn't think of pushing it in front of the pumps, said Casey Blessinger.

An employee of the gas station said that it caught fire when the driver tried to start it up while it was being filled up with gas.

Read or Share this story: