LINCOLN CITY, Ore. -- Police are using loudspeakers to try and coax a man they believe to be a Washington state fugitive from an Oregon coast motel room.

Michael Boysen has been the subject of a multi-state manhunt since Saturday, when the bodies of his grandparents were found in their suburban Seattle home. Washington state authorities have said Boysen killed the couple the day after they threw a welcome home party for him after his release from prison.

Three loud bangs were heard at the Westshore OceanFront Suites in Lincoln City Tuesday afternoon. Lincoln City's police chief says officers caused them, although he wouldn't elaborate on how exactly the noise was made.

Authorities say Boysen checked into the motel Monday night under his own name, but the name wasn't recognized until Tuesday morning.

Police have evacuated the hotel and homes in the immediate area.

Police say Boysen is considered extremely dangerous and has tried to obtain guns. King County Sheriff John Urquhart said Boysen has threatened members of his family and law enforcement. Investigators say he searched the Internet for gun shows.

Boysen was released from prison Friday after serving several years for robbery. King County Sheriff John Urquhart says Boysen's grandparents -- an 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman -- picked him up from prison and hosted a family welcome home party for him that night.

The couple was killed later Friday or early Saturday at their Renton home. Friends of the victims have identified them as Robert and Norma Taylor.

According to the sheriff's office, the Taylors picked Boysen up from the Monroe Corrections Complex Friday. That same evening, there was a party to welcome Boysen home from prison. Investigators said there was no indication of the violence to come.

They brought him back to the house, they fixed up a room for him to stay in. All the things you would expect grandparents to do for a 26-year-old grandson. We are at a loss as to why he killed them, said Urquhart.

But he told others he would.

Detectives learned Boysen talked about killing his grandparents and law enforcement when he got out of jail. Officials also said Boysen told others he planned to get guns and kill family and law enforcement.

Detectives said the credibility of the information was bolstered by Boysen s internet searches just before or after his grandparents' double murder. Boysen had done an internet search of gun shows across the Pacific Northwest and Nevada.

His family has been warned and is being cared for by police.

Police said the elderly couple s daughter last heard from them around 10 p.m. Friday. Another family member became concerned when the Taylors didn t answer the door Saturday and called their daughter. She went to check on them around 7 p.m. Saturday and found their bodies.

Authorities wouldn't say how the two died until an autopsy is completed, but they did say they were not shot.

Read or Share this story: