KUNA -- A Christmas Eve fire damaged the home of a family who has already seen tragedy once this holiday season. Firefighters and neighbors say a home that caught fire just before 7:00 p.m. on Monday belongs to the Bennett family, who lost a child to cancer in November.

The home is on Syrup Court in Kuna and firefighters say there is fire damage to one bedroom and part of the attic, as well as smoke damage to the entire house.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no people were injured, although a dog died.

Neighbors and firefighters both say the house belongs to the parents of Jayden Bennett, who died of bone cancer in November at the age of 11.

KTVB has covered Jayden's story previously, including in April, when he got his wish of being a Young Marine, and taking a helicopter ride.

If you'd like to send anything or make a donation to his family, you can drop it off at the Kuna Fire Station. That address is150 Boise Street, Kuna, ID 83634. The station's phone number is (208) 922-1144

Read or Share this story: