Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

BOISE -- Fire significantly damaged a store in a shopping complex on the corner of Fairview Avenue and Milwaukee Street early Thursday morning. Several fire engines, police car and other emergency vehicles responded around 1:30 a.m.

Boise Fire Battalion Chief Aaron Hummel says the fire started in the UPS Store and smoke spread to the surrounding stores. He says the fire started near a ventilation fan and some stored Christmas decorations.

No one was inside and crews had the fire under control by 2:12 a.m.

Investigators say it appears that a fan overheated and started a synthetic Christmas tree and other decorations that were being stored above a false ceiling.

Hummel says there is significant damage to the UPS Store.

Read or Share this story: