BOISE Details continue to emerge surrounding three Boise crime scenes, including a homicide that police are trying to link together. In addition to the homicide, police are investigating a shooting in earlier that night.

New details released Thursday morning by Boise Police reveal the man believed to be at the center of all of the crimes, 35-year-old Shawn Fisher, did not know the victims of either shooting.

The 35-year-old Boise man was in court Wednesday to face several felony charges including aggravated assault and aggravated battery. He is also charged with kicking a police dog.

Police have linked two of the crime scenes together, but still haven't been able to link the third scene. That scene was on W. Franklin Road Monday night where Mathew Mohler-Kerns was found shot in the head and later died at the hospital.

Police say they have evidence, although would not be specific on what that evidence is, and are processing it. It could be weeks before that evidence is processed.

Officers say this all started just after 8 p.m. Monday near the intersection of Vista Avenue and Canal Street with road rage.

Shawn Fisher is accused of rear-ending a maroon car.

The defendant then pulled up along side him, he looked at the defendant, all of the sudden the defendant's window blew out and he heard a thud into his car, he realized he had been shot at, said Ada County deputy prosecutor John Dinger.

Police say Fisher fired a shot through his driver's side window, then sped south on Vista Avenue toward Interstate 84.

A little while later police got a call from Fisher's stepmother saying he was banging on her front door and saying he wanted to kill her.

By the time officers arrived Fisher was gone, but his car remained with the blown out window.

Once officers realized they could not immediately find Fisher, and more people began calling 911 claiming a man was trying to get into their home, they had Ada County Dispatch send out an automated call to people in the area of Cole and Amity roads saying a man believed to be armed and dangerous was in the area and to lock their doors.

Officers from several agencies finally caught up with Fisher around 11 p.m., and using a Taser and police dog, took him into custody.

But it's the scene at Franklin Road that police are still trying to figure out. It was here that Mohler-Kerns was found shot in the head. He died at a Boise hospital just before 10 p.m.

Officers also found the maroon car from the first shooting at the Franklin Road location just a short distance from Mohler-Kerns' car.

So how and why the maroon car got there, police aren't saying at this point.

Dinger says the driver of the maroon car never mentioned in his police report about being chased or chasing Fisher.

So while more details were released Wednesday, we're still waiting, as police are, for that evidence that points to who killed Mohler-Kerns and why. Again, police are processing unknown evidence that could tie Fisher to Mohler-Kerns' death.

Right now Boise Police say Fisher is a person of interest in the homicide investigation.

Fisher was arraigned on three criminal charges in Ada County Wednesday afternoon. A judge set his bond at $500,000. He is due back in court in two weeks for a preliminary hearing.

KTVB was able to briefly speak to Fisher's father Wednesday who said his family would like their privacy, but added what's happening with their son is tearing them apart.

Read or Share this story: