MERIDIAN -- Police say a local Marine who was on short-term leave from the military has died.

Meridian PoliceDeputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea says the 18-year-old died in a Meridian apartment of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by faulty heating equipment.

A Facebook page set up in his honor is called 'Remembering McQuenForbrush'.

The man's girlfriend found him unreponsive Saturday afternoon on the bedroom floor and called for help. She became ill and had to be hospitalized.

Stay with KTVB.COMfor more updates on this story.

Read or Share this story: