BOISE -- Boise firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at an apartment complex near Boise State University this afternoon.

The fire broke out around 4 p.m. on South Vermont Avenue. Officials tells that there are six apartment units in the building. However, the entire complex was empty at the time of the fire.

Fire crews were able to contain the fire to one apartment. It appears the kitchen and living room in the unit were damaged.

Officials say a pan of butter that was left on a burner caused a grease fire, setting the kitchen wall on fire.

No one was injured in the fire.

Read or Share this story: