BOISE -- The Ada County Coroner's Office has confirmed that 18-year-old McQuen Forbrush died of acute carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a Meridian apartment Saturday.

The coroner's investigation also found that Forbrush's death was accidental.

Forbrush, a United States Marine who was on leave at the time, was visiting his girlfriend at the Sagecrest Apartment complex on the night of his death.

His mother, Gretchen Hymas, says the 18-year-old arrived in Meridian on leave from the military on Thursday, and was set to leave Saturday night.

However, Forbush reportedly became dizzy and ill while staying at the apartment complex. His girlfriend Bre Halowell also reported feeling sick.

Halowell was able to recover from the effects of the carbon monoxide poisoning, but 18-year-old Forbrush was not.

Halowell spent all night Sunday in the hospital recovering.

His family tells us his viewing will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Russon Mortuary in Farmington, Utah.

They tell us Forbush's funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday for family members at a church in Farmington.

There is also a Facebook page set up in his honor, called Remembering McQuen Forbush.

Read or Share this story: