JEROME -- Fire officials in south-central Idaho say a smoker lighting a cigarette while using an oxygen tank ignited a fire that killed her and quickly spread in the apartment filled with additional oxygen tanks.

Jerome Fire Chief Jack Krill tells The Times-News that 67-year-old Wanda Black died April 11 at Heritage Homes in Jerome.

Krill says a small dog in Black's apartment also died in the fire.

Krill says anyone using oxygen at home should be careful around hot objects or flames.

Read or Share this story: