MERIDIAN -- There's a new development in a story KTVB has been investigating since November when an 18-year-old Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning in his girlfriend's apartment.

Today lawyers filed a lawsuit on behalf of McQuen Forbush's family and his girlfriend, who was also affected by the carbon monoxide gas in her apartment.

The complaint alleges wrongful death, personal injury and negligence against many individuals and companies -- including the owners of the Sagecrest apartment complex, First Rate Property Management, Parkcenter Plumbing, and the manufacturer of the water heater.

The document claims that Sagecrest was aware of dangerous conditions related to water heaters in the complex, but did not fix the problem.

Read or Share this story: