BOISE -- Boise State announced a change in the upcoming Bronco football schedule.
The game at the University of Toledo will now be played on Friday, September 16 at 8 p.m., rather than Saturday, September 17.
Both schools agreed to move the game in order for it to be covered nationally by ESPN.
Thursday's announcement confirms the Broncos will have three games televised on ESPN. And according to Boise State, the remaining nine games in the 2011 season will be nationally televised on three different networks: CBS Sports Network, VERSUS, and The Mtn. Network.
Here is a look at the updated (tentative) Bronco football schedule:
- Sept. 3: vs. Georgia, 8 p.m., ESPN
- Sept. 10: OPEN
- Sept. 16: at Toledo, 6 p.m., ESPN or ESPN2
- Sept. 24: vs. Tulsa, 6 p.m., CBS Sports Network
- Oct. 1: vs. Nevada, time TBA, VERSUS
- Oct. 7: at Fresno State, 6 p.m., ESPN
- Oct. 15: at Colorado State, 4 p.m., The Mtn. Network
- Oct. 22: vs. Air Force, 1:30 p.m., VERSUS
- Oct. 29: OPEN
- Nov. 5: at UNLV, 7:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network
- Nov. 12: vs. TCU, 1:30 p.m., VERSUS
- Nov. 19: at San Diego State, 5 p.m., CBS Sports Network
- Nov. 26: vs. Wyoming, 12 p.m., The Mtn. Network
- Dec. 3: vs. New Mexico, 4 p.m., The Mtn. Network
The Broncos hold a 12-1 record heading into the 2011 season in the Mountain West Conference. They were ranked 7th in the final USA Today Coaches' poll last year.