Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

BOISE -- Boise fire, police, and hazmat crews responded the Boise State Campus for a chemical spill in the engineering building.

Around 10 to 15 people were evacuated from the building around 4 p.m. as a precaution after someone spilled acid inside a lab.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found one-tenth of a quart of a nitric and acetic acid mixture had spilled, the reaction of the two acids caused the container it was in to fail.

A woman in her 20's, a BSU student, was nearby when the spill happened, and as a precaution she was being decontaminated in a shower station in the lab when firefighters arrived on scene.

The woman had no visual injuries, however after a 15-minute shower, she was transported to a local hospital for evaluation.

Read or Share this story: