BOISE -- As many Idahoans start working on income tax returns, the tax commission has some information for those who don't earn enough to be required to file.

You can still receive a grocery credit refund to offset the sales tax on food.

The amount is $100 if you've lived in Idaho for all of 2013 and are younger than 65.

People age 65 and older are eligible for a $120 credit.

If you received federal food stamps or were in jail for part of the year, your refund will be pro-rated to exclude those months.

Here's what you need to know to claim the refund - if you're younger than 65, file form 40 - you'll be asked to fill out a portion of the Idaho individual income tax return.

If you're 65 or older, file form 24.

You can find the forms and instructions on the Idaho State Tax Commission's website.

Read or Share this story: