Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

BOISE -- A Boise High School student made a good decision to pull over off the interstate on Wednesday morning, right before her Chevy Blazer caught on fire.

Savannah Blake was driving to school just before 10 a.m. when she noticed her car hood was steaming. That's when she made a quick turn off the connector at Curtis Road.

Blake said she got out of the car just before the hood's smoke turned into flames.

I saw the green coolant coming off and I knew it was overheating, so I just was going to let it cool down for a while and then it caught fire, said Blake.

Blake also told KTVB that two women were nice enough to pull over and wait with her until her parents and authorities got there.

The fire department completely doused Blake's car, but were able to safely remove all of the personal belongings from inside.

Read or Share this story: