MERIDIAN -- A barn in west Meridian caught fire this afternoon and nearly burned it to the ground.
Firefighters from Star, Eagle, Meridian, Kuna and Middleton responded to the fire at 5000 Star Road, near the cross-street of McMillan.
The barn had a motor-home, hay and animals inside.
The animals got out okay, but the barn and RV were a total loss.
Firefighters began a defensive fire attack as soon as they arrived on the scene.
The biggest problem was water supply. Being out in the rural, we had to wait for water tenders to get on scene to supply us water, said Dave Sparks, Captain of Star Fire Department.
Investigators have not said what started the fire.