BOISE -- Boise Fire investigators say an ember left over from burning weeds appears to have ignited a fire that caused significant damage to this Southwest Boise home Wednesday afternoon.

It happened just before 4 p.m. on 6700 block of Southdale Avenue.

Firefighters and neighbors both confirmed the man was burning weeds in his yard, soon before the house caught fire.

You could see him way too close to the house with a blow torch that was near the logs next to the house, which actually caught them up, said neighbors.

Firefighters were able to salvage much of the contents of the home, but the fire destroyed half the roof.

A fire department burnout fund is assisting the people living inside the home.

Read or Share this story: