Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

GARDEN CITY Four families are displaced after a four-plex apartment building was destroyed early Tuesday morning.

Boise Fire Department responded to the fire at 1:45 a.m., when a call came in reporting smoke coming out of the roof.

Investigators believe the fire started from an electrical panel in the attic the building, but what sparked the fire at the panel is still under investigation.

No injuries were reported, but there was extensive damage to the building.

Fire officials say one resident was treated by medics at the scene for smoke inhalation. A Boise firefighter was also treated at a local hospital, after working on the fire, and has since been released.

The Boise Fire Union Burnout Fund, as well as Red Cross of Idaho, will be working to help residents and families displaced by the fire.

Read or Share this story: