TWINFALLS-- Police in Twin Falls are investigating a car explosion.
It happened on North Eden Street at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police initially said the owner of the Ford Mustang was using his remote key to open the door when the fire started. But that was not the cause of the fire.
Roads in the area were blocked for a time while firefighters extinguished the fire.
The owner of the car was taken to the St. Luke's. His injuries are not life-threatening.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was called to assist in the investigation. After talking with the car's owner, investigators learned that he had done after-market changes to his car and that gas fumes were a constant issue. He went out to the car this morning to have cigarette, and when he lit up, the car exploded.
Police called this a careless incident and will forward their investigation to the prosecutor's office for review. It will be up to the prosecutor to decide if the man faces any charges.