CALDWELL -- Fire crews have extinguished a two-alarm blaze that broke out at a Caldwell bathroom remodeling business early Friday morning.
The fire started after an employee at Gem State Marble, located at 105 North 5th Avenue, came in early to work. The employee was mixing chemicals when a reaction sparked the blaze.
CanyonCounty dispatchers say the fire was reported just after 6 a.m. Firefighters requested backup from Ada County's fire departments about five minutes later.
Units from Caldwell, Middleton, Nampa and Star responded to the fire, and most of the flames were put out in 45 minutes. Roads are blocked in the area.