BOISE -- An 18-year-old man suffered second-degree burns to his hands when a small grease fire broke out a home daycare in south Boise this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the home at 7445 S. Acacia Avenue around 12:35 p.m.
Boise Fire Battalion Chief Steve Rasulo says when firefighters arrived on scene they found smoke coming from the building. The fire in the kitchen had already been extinguished.
All the children and others inside the daycare were safely evacuated.
Rasulo says the fire started in a pan of grease on the stove. The man was able to put the fire out, but Rasulo says the pan was so hot that it reignited and burned him.
The burn victim was taken to Saint Alphonsus to be evaluated. No one else was injured.
There was quite a bit of smoke damage to the home and some minor fire damage in the kitchen.
We are told the residents will be able to occupy the home this evening.
Rasulo says when extinguishing a grease fire don't use water. He says put a lid on the fire.