BOISE -- Officials say a third complex of fires burning north of the South Fork of the Boise River was also started by lightning.
The Elk Complex Fire is estimated at about 20,000 Friday night, and it is also moving toward that small town of Prairie. Prairie is an Elmore County town of 100 people, located about 40 miles north of Mountain Home.
Due to extreme fire behavior, the Elmore County Sheriff's Office ordered evacuations for:
- The community of Prairie, from Anderson Dam Reservoir up Fall Creek Road to Ice Springs Campground, then east to Lester Creek Guard Station
- The Danskin and Bennett Mountain fire lookouts
There are also some road closures in effect:
- Blacks Creek Road off I-84 at the Ada/Elmore County Line
- Indian Creek Road off I-84 at exit 71
- Pine/Featherville Road off Hwy 20 (should be a short term closure and is being initiated by Elmore County Sheriff to facilitate evacuations)
- Anderson Ranch Dam south on the Dixie Creek Cut-off to Hwy 20
- Prairie Road/Cow Creek Road heading north from Hwy 20