LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

RUPERT -- A 66-year-old Rupert man who suffered an electric shock while hanging Christmas lights at the Idaho Youth Ranch is recovering at a Utah hospital.

Ranch staff tell The Times-News that Terry Ralph Short came through surgery well and was in stable condition Monday at the University of Utah's Burn Center in Salt Lake City.

The Minidoka County sheriff's office says Short was knocked unconscious when a gust of wind pushed a string of Christmas lights he was holding into a nearby power line.

An Idaho Power Co. representative told deputies the line carried 20,000 volts.

Read or Share this story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/06/28/11670723/