POCATELLO -- Relatives are mourning the loss of four family members who were found dead inside their Pocatello home.
Bill and Ross Parrish, along with their two youngest children, 14-year-old Keegan and 12-year-old Liam, died over the weekend.
A relative found their bodies Sunday night after going to the family's home after they failed to show up for church and a family gathering.
Bannock County Coroner Kim Quick believes all four victims passed away Saturday night from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Pocatello Police are now checking the gas appliances inside the home for a malfunction.
On Monday, KTVB talked with Parrish family members about the devastating loss.
Bill's aunt Vicki Williams lives in Boise with her husband Carl.
She says a relative called her late last night with the shocking news.
The whole family is gone by something so silent they didn't even know when they went to bed that night, said Williams.
Williams tells us Bill Parrish was a dentist at the Fort Hall Indian Reservation and Ross was a loving mother of four.
The family has two older children as well, who are both serving missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in other states.
Williams says it's a big family but a close one, and everyone is still trying to deal with the sudden loss of four lives.
It's just incomprehensible, I've had the hardest time getting my mind around it, when I hear the news I said the whole family, said Williams.
The Parrish family lived in the Highland area in Pocatello. Williams says the family was devoted to their church and gave back to their community.
Whenever he and Ross were around each other they just emanated love for everyone, said Williams.
For the many family members now grieving, it's a shocking loss.
But it's going to be difficult, there's a void we will feel for a long, long time, said Williams.
The coroner says they did not have a carbon monoxide detector inside their home.
Williams now wants every family to own the device that can save lives.
To take an entire family on something that could have been avoided, it's hard to get your mind around it, said Williams.
Family members tell us the two oldest children will be traveling back to Idaho.
Meanwhile, family members are still working to plan the funeral services.
Carbon monoxide has no odor, color or taste. It diminishes your ability to absorb oxygen. Symptoms are often mistaken for something else. When carbon monoxide problems develop slowly, they can be mistaken for the flu.
If there's a leak, there's reason to worry. Sources could include unvented gas space heaters, leaking furnaces or automobile exhaust in garages.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission suggests a carbon monoxide alarm near every area of your home that is used for sleeping.