Meridian -- A Caldwell boy is being called a hero by his family, after his grandparents' home caught on fire in Meridian, and he came to the rescue.
The fire, earlier this month, heavily damaged Chris and Wendy Page's Meridian home.
Just how fortunate we were that we were awake when it happened, and that we were able to get everyone out safely, said Wendy.
The Page's 14-year-old grandson, Tyson Raden, had come over that day to help his grandpa put up Christmas lights. They were all sitting around the table, about to eat breakfast, when they noticed a puff of smoke in the garage and smoke began billowing into the home.
Tyson's three young cousins were asleep in the house and he knew he had to wake them up.
Getting the kids out, that's the number one thing, said Tyson. Make sure everyone is out of the house.
Tyson went over and woke up Sapphire and helped her out of the house, and Nemi was next to her, said Wendy. At that same same time, I ran to get my grandson, Noah, out of the bedroom and Tyson followed me and carried Noah out of the house and made sure all the kids were safe and took care of them.
Tyson says the ordeal was scary, but he did what he had to do to save his family.
His grandparents say he is their hero.
Yes, he's amazing because through all the chaos, he kept pretty calm and his first thing was to get them to safety.