LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

IDAHO CITY -- A chimney fire in an Idaho City home required the help of three fire departments.

The fire started in the attic of a home on Cottonwood Street early Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters were able to knock the flames down in about a half an hour.

The fire was contained to roof, but suffered heavy smoke damage throughout the home, and is no longer livable, firefighters said.

About 15 firefighters from Idaho City, Valley of the Pines, and Clearcreek assisted in fighting the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/07/02/12078203/