BOISE-- A Boise woman is recovering after a fire damaged her home.
Boise Fire Battalion Chief Steve Rasulo says a propane heater likely sparked it. The home is possibly a complete loss, after the fire.
The woman who was inside the home was taken to Saint AlphonsusRegional MedicalCenter with burns on her legs. She has since been released and is living with family members, according to a family friend.
Firefighters responded to the home on Nez Perce Street at around 11:40 p.m. on December 17. Crews evacuated the neighbors just in case the fire spread, and were able to keep it from moving beyond the one home.
When we start getting into the cold weather, people start using supplemental heating sources -- whether it be electrical or gas substances, Rasulo said. And we just want people to be very cautious that we do have an increased number of fires due to those supplemental heating devices.
A website has been set up to help the woman recover from her house fire, if you would like more information you can click here.