BOISE -- A woman riding her bike on the Boise Greenbelt Thursday afternoon says a man tried to grab her.
Boise State Campus Police say that she reported the man grabbed at her shoulder while she had stopped to check her bike tire.
The woman described the man as being in his late 20s to early 30s with short, dark hair. She said he was wearing a black shirt with either a white or gray symbol in the center and had a backpack.
Campus security would like to remind students and others on the greenbelt to be aware of your surroundings and report all suspicious circumstances to police.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you listen to headphones or ear buds while traveling, you may be putting yourself at greater risk.
- Trust your instincts - if something doesn't feel right, report it.
- Stay in public places as much as possible.
- If you can, travel with a friend. Security escorts are available 24/7 by calling (208) 426-6911.
- Know where the blue emergency phones are around campus.
- Report all suspicious people and circumstances to Campus Security and Police Services at (208) 426-6911 or from any blue phone.