LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

IDAHO FALLS -- Authorities in eastern Idaho say an attempt to thaw frozen water pipes using an agricultural weed burner in a crawl space ignited a blaze at a single-story, wooden home that housed the Bonneville County Sportsman's Association.

Idaho Falls Fire Department Capt. Roger Anderson tells the Post Register that the individuals involved in the incident on Saturday morning escaped without injury but damage to the house was $80,000.

Anderson says it was an old structure and the flames spread when the floor caught on fire.

Authorities recommend using caution when attempting thaw out pipes.

Read or Share this story: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2014/07/01/11855705/