Cold Turkey and Soba Noodle Salad
Courtesy: Karen Mangum, MS, RD, LD, Idaho Nutrition Consultants
(makes 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 3 cups chopped skinned cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts or cashews
To prepare dressing, combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
To prepare salad, cook soba noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Combine soba noodles, turkey, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.