Christmas Morning Pie
This first recipe can be completely put together the day before and then put in the oven first thing in the morning. It takes about an hour to cook, so it can be cooking while the family opens presents.
For one nine-inch pie, combine a half-pound of sausage, a half-cup of shredded Swiss cheese and a half-cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Place into the pie shell.
Then chop up ¼ cup onion ¼ cup sweet red pepper and ¼ cup green pepper.
Combine your onions and peppers with a half-cup milk and 3 eggs lightly beaten.
Pour the mixture into your pie shells and then cover with saran wrap and store in your refrigerator. On Christmas morning you can remove it from the fridge and bake at 350 for about an hour.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage with sage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell in pie plate
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper