for tomato relish
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup Finely Minced Red Onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
20 Slices thick crusted bread(preferably baguette), ½ inch thick, 1-2 inches wide
Brush liberally with olive oil
Preheat a gas broiler or grill. Toast bread on both sides till brown. Take bread off grill and serve immediately with the tomato relish.